Welle

Welle

donderdag 24 oktober 2013

October Flip : Wood critter sunki dress

When I saw this picture of the sunki dress I was immediately convinced I had to try out this dress. 
And although I didn't have the time this month to make more than one to enter in the competition, I am sure lots of versions are going to follow. 

The integrated pockets and the fold-over neck are a perfect match with the puffy shoulders. 

And then it was my turn :-)

Proudly presenting the wood critter sunki dress : 


I chose two picture print fabrics : 

I used Kaufman Nature Studies Forest Animals Meadow for the front and the sleeves.  


I bought it on Fabric.com and I just saw it says : "last chance" , so if you want to buy the fabric ... now is the time to do so :-) 


For the back I used a birch fabric : 



I made sure the pockets matched the rest of the fabric, so the picture wasn't interrupted. The lining of the pockets is in the birch fabric. 





To add a touch of color, I finished the pockets and the neck at the back with fluo pink piping. 




And now starring the model and the lucky bastard who will be wearing it : My daughter Lorin. Getting her to stand still was almost a bigger challenge than the dress making ;-) 



10 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh my!! This is the best thing I've seen on a sewing blog in a long time! I loved the front at first site and then almost fell of my chair when I saw the back. A real stroke of genius to put those two together. I love it!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Fabulous! Your fabrics are so stunning. Very well made dress indeed!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks a lot for your lovely comments :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I'm amazed at how you lined up the bear - in and out of the pocket!! Looks like your daughter LOVES it!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Wonderful! I especially like the birch fabric.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Cool!
    Vanwaar komt die bomenstof?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hey Mie,
    Die komt van Fabric.com
    Vandaag is het black Friday in US … extra veel korting dus :-)
    https://www.fabric.com/buy/0269329/kanvas-on-the-wild-side-birch-tree-tan

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Google Find us on Google+