Welle

Welle

donderdag 1 augustus 2013

StraightGrain's Tinny Dress Flip

Hi all,

First of all I would like to explain myself why I suddenly Blog in English in stead of Dutch. No I did not move, I'm still living in Belgium :-) but I want to enter my Flip of Straightgrain's Tinny Dress in Frances Suzanne's FLIP this pattern Contest.

After negotiating with my lovely daughter about fabric, she insisted on a fabric with a frog on it. We went to France last week and there she noticed a Frogpool, with lovely green frogs. Now her favourite pet is a frog ... hip hip hooray for me , because finding a fabric with frogs is not so easy. :-)

After going through my fabric stash, I noticed this wonderful fabric I bought at IKEA.
And if you look closely to the design, you can spot a green frog appearing almost in the middle  and an olive frog on the other side :-) Perfect !!!

Then I started thinking about the Flip ... just sewing the pattern together is not really Flip-worhty, so I started combining my fabric with solids and came up with a combination of Olive green and the Ludovika fabric I bought at IKEA.

After sketching a few possibilities, I felt simply working with two colors wasn't flipping enough, so I started dividing pattern pieces. And that's how I came up with the last design : a green triangle combined by skirt and bodice.

Because I just bought a pair of KAM pliers with a lot of colored plastic snap buttons, I decided to get rid of the zipper and to use green snap buttons ... same color as Lorin's green frog :-)


And that's about how I came to my final result : My green Tinny Flip Frog dress :-)




6 opmerkingen:

  1. What a fun way to flip the pattern!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Very cute and I love the combination of the solid and print!
    Great job!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. What a great flip! Thank you for sewing along with my pattern :-) I love how you cut up the bodice, and the buttons in the back too! an

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Very striking - with the colorblocking effect!! So glad to see you link up this month!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. I am a sucker for olive so I adore this whole look. The patterned fabric is really cool too.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Google Find us on Google+